16.8.12

The Fault in Our Stars

Usually I don't post more than once a month. But I just have something that I can't help but share.

I just read the book, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Now, I love books. They are one of my favorite things in the world. But it has been a long time since I have been so hooked on a book. For the longest time, the Harry Potter books were my favorite books ever. Nothing surpassed the love I had for them, but then I read this, and now The Fault in Our Stars is my new favorite book by far.

I smiled, I cried, and I wanted to scream. That's how much I love this book. And after getting it from the library and just finishing it two days ago, I already want to buy it and read it again. That' s how in love with this book and this author I am. It's such a tragic love story and everything about it is perfectly imperfect. Some of the quotes from the book are just flawless, and I can't even contain my emotion about them.

"That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt."
"I lit up like a Christmas tree, Hazel Grace."
"My thoughts are stars I can't fathom into constellations."
"What a slut time is. She screws everybody."
"I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, then all at once. 
I have so much love for this book.

The Ever-changing playlist

 We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together- Taylor Swift

Fearless- Taylor Swift

This- Ed Sheeran

Confidence- Teddy Geiger

Jeanette- Chase Coy



It's a short list today. I've been writing a lot the past couple days, so I've been listening to the last three people a lot on Pandora. The acoustic music really helps me concentrate. 

I've been sick with a cold and cough for the past two weeks. Hopefully it goes away before school starts back up again.  This is definitely why I've been inside writing and reading instead of enjoying the end of summer. 

So I suppose I will leave you with a quote I found a few days ago:

"There is nothing more beautiful than the way the ocean refuses to stop kissing the shoreline, no matter how many times it is sent away."
I hope you get the chance to inspire someone today!

~Sophie Leigh



 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment